Like most of my projects, this one was spur of the moment. My plan is to get a JDM scoop one day, but it’s not a priority right now. So I decided to make my stock scoop less of an eye sore. Other than sanding the paint down because some of it has peeled off, the process is the same as painting the fog light covers. Prep, primer, paint.
First step is removing the splitter to get access to the bottom bolts for the hood scoop. Then remove all of the hood scoop studs and hardware. The scoop comes right off.
There are some weird impressions into the plastic, and I don’t know how they happened. If I wanted to fix it I would need to use some filler but that is beyond the scope of this project. And at some point this scoop will probably go in the trash bin.
I used what paint I had leftover from my fog light covers and it wasn’t nearly enough to do a final thick coat. I probably had a little less than half a can of paint. Coverage was ok, but I got some tiger striping going on.
On to the next project!